Auckland, February 2022
Audi took another major step forward on its path to a more sustainable future this week with an EV first for the Southern Hemisphere. The fully electric Audi RS e-tron GT was delivered to an Audi dealership by New Zealand’s first full electric car transporter, the “eCanter”.
• The transporter is a single car unit, built on a Fuso eCanter chassis.
• It is built to Carr & Haslam’s design, and caters for low clearance and EV vehicles specifically.
• It can carry EV cars, which tend to be a little heavier than ICE vehicles
• The range is approximately 125km
• A diesel engine unit like this uses about 17 litres/100km.
• This is the first EV unit in NZ to deliver vehicles.
Amy de Vries
Spokesperson – Marketing